Salim Ali Center for Ornithology and Natural History(SACON)
SACON came into being at a time when the twin issues, namely the sustainable use and conservation of natural resources figured in the global agenda. Realizing the indispensability of holistic approach in avian studies and conservation, the major objectives at SACON nave been envisaged encompassing the entire natural history with ornithology at the centre stage.
- To design and conduct research in Ornithology covering all aspects of biodiversity and natural history
- To develop and conduct regular courses in ornithology and natural history for M.Sc.. M.Phil. and Ph.D. and also, short term orientation courses in the above subjects 4)
- To create data hank on Indian Ornithology and natural history
- To disseminate knowledge relating to anthology and natural history for the benefit of the community
- To confer honorary awards and other distinctions to persons who have rendered outstanding services in
For more details please visit the website: http://www.sacon.in/