National Institute of Animal Welfare
- National Institute of Animal Welfare (NIAW) in Ballabhgarh (Haryana) was establish in 1995 to promote awareness and disseminate information about animal welfare amongst the public and to impart education in this discipline in a professional manner with structured framework in view of the intrinsic value of animals and their contribution not only to the country’s economy but also in terms of social and environmental issues.
- There is a need for niche education for specific job requirements in the animal welfare sector. There is a felt need for trained personnel who are currently not available to work in the animal welfare sector where over 70% of all agricultural households are involved with animals as a livelihood option.
- The Institute will the Institute would provide the learning and training ground for a wide range of services to improve the quality of services for the care and protection of animals.
- NIAW has been conceptualized as an apex body in the field of animal welfare and its broad mandate covers the need to improve animal welfare through research, education and public outreach.
- Its objective is to create enabling environment for fulfillment of the statutory requirements as laid down in the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960.
- It is imparting training and education on diversified subjects in Animal Welfare including animal management, behavior and ethics.
For More detail please the website : http://www.awionline.org