Budget and Accounts (BA)
Items of Work Handled
Brochure on Items of Work Handled in Various Divisions and Sections of Ministry of Environment and Forests
Budget and Accounts Section (B&A)
- Scrutiny of Budget Proposals (Both Plan as well as Non-Plan).
- Preparation of statement of Budget Estimates Depicting Revised Estimates (Plan as well as Non Plan) for current year and Budget Estimates (Non-Plan only) for the next financial year.
- As a follow-up to receipt of Plan figures from the Planning Commission preparation of statement of final Budget Estimates showing RE (Plan and Non-plan) for current year and BE(Plan & Non-Plan) for next financial year.
- Interaction with PC Division regarding Plan Budget.
- Scrutiny of proposals for inclusion in batch-I.II and III of the Supplementary Demand for Grants.
- Preparation and subsequent follow-up action on the Supplementary Demands for
- Grants of the Ministry of Environment & Forests.
- Processing of re-appropriation proposals within the Powers of Ministry.
- Processing of re-appropriation proposals beyond the Powers of Ministry.
- Preparation and printing of Demands for Grants.
- Submission of Action Taken Notes (ATNs) on Comptroller & Auditor Generals (CAGs) paras/ Drafts Audit paras to Audit/ Monitoring Cell of the Ministry of Finance/ Public Accounts Committee(PAC.)
- Scrutiny and allocation of funds under loans to Government Servants.
- Issue of corrigendum to the Detailed Demand for Grants etc with the approval of Controller General of Accounts CGA/ Ministry of Finance and other misc. Budget related matters.
- Drawl of Bills of Pay & Allowances, D.A.& Bonus.
- Preparation of medical and tuition fee claims after receipt of sanctions.
- Preparation of T.A.& L.T.C. claims of officials & non-officials members, Non-Government Organisations (N.G.O.s) and carrying out their adjustments.
- Drawl of Bills of Long Term & Short Term advances (Festival, Cycle, Fan, House Building Advance (H.B.A )., Motor Car Advance (MCA) & Scooter).
- Assessment of Income-Tax of officers of the Ministry (Proper) and submission of Income-Tax Return to I.T.O..
- Preparation of Overtime Allowance (O.T.A ). Bills and Conveyance Bills, Night Duty Allowances.
- Preparation of contingent bills.
- Maintenance and updating of General Provident Fund (G.P.F.) accounts.
- Preparation of bills of G.P.F. Advance, withdrawal of the staff.
- Taking out periodical expenditure statement.
- Submission of bills to the Pay & Accounts Office (P.A.O).
- Preparation of bills relating to Grants-in-aid etc.
- Disbursement of salary and other Allowances.