Internal Work Study Unit (IWSU)
Items of Work Handled
A. Organisation & Method (O&M Unit)/IWS Unit O&M Work
- Updation of Induction Material.
- Preparation of Organisational Charts of the Ministry
- Advice on disputed receipts received from various sections/ divisions.
- Annual programme of 0 & M inspection of various sections/ divisions
and other offices under the Ministry.
- Scrutinisation of the Inspection Reports and follow up action thereon.
- Collection of various 0 & M returns relating to Record Management,
Checks on delays etc. as prescribed in the Manual of Office Procedure.
- Preparation of the compendium on the ‘Channel of Submission and
Level of Final Disposal of Cases’.
- Preparation and review of record retention schedules concerning
substantive function of the Ministry in consultation with the National
Archives of India (NAI) .
- Coordination with Deptt. of Administrative Reforms & Public
Grievances (DARPG) in connection with matters relating to 0 86 M
- Responsibilities relating to Departmental Record Room of this
B. Method Study
- Work Study for assessing manpower requirement including Method
e-Questionnaire / Proformae
- Proforma for O&M Inspection of Subordinate offices/Autonomous
Organisations under the Ministry.
- Proforma for 086M Inspection of Units/Sections/Divisions etc.
- Fourteenth Edition of Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure
(CSMOP) – (website: www.darpg.nic.in)
- Central Secretariat Mannual of e-Office Procedure.
- Records Retention Schedule for records pertaining to substantive
functions of MoEF&CC.
- Record Retention Schedule in respect of Records – Common to all
Ministries / Departments.
- Compendium on Channel of Submission and Level of Final Disposal of
- Draft Channel of Submission and Level of Final Disposal of Cases –
- Induction material of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate