Policy & Law (PL)
ACTIVITIES OF POLICY AND LAW DIVISION AND FUTRE PLAN
POLICY AND LAW DIVISION of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change handles mainly the following subjects:
The Policy and Law Division is implementing the Scheme “Establishment of Environment Commission and Tribunal”. This scheme includes following three components
- National Green Tribunal
- Dhanu Taluka Environment Protection Authority(DTEPA)
- Loss of Ecology (Prevention and Payment of Compensation) Authority
The establishment matters of the NGT are handled in Policy and Law Section. The Establishment matters in respect of other two authorities are handled in RE Division and CP Division. The Policy and Law Division allocates Budget to these two authorities.
National Green Tribunal Act 2010:
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has been established on 18th October, 2010 under the NGT Act, 2010. The NGT has been established for the effective and expeditious disposal of cases relating to environmental protection and conservation of forests and other natural resources including enforcement of any legal right relating to environment and giving relief and compensation for damages to persons and property and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
The Tribunal has five places of sitting with Principal Bench in Delhi. The other four zonal benches are at Pune, Kolkata, Bhopal and Chennai. In addition, there are three circuit Benches at Shimla, Shillong and Jodhpur.
The present Chairperson of the Tribunal, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Swatanter Kumar is a former Judge of the Supreme Court of India. Judicial Members of the Tribunal are drawn from Judiciary while Expert Members are experts in physical and life sciences, engineering and law including persons having practical knowledge and administrative experience in the field of environmental policy and regulation. In addition to the Chairperson, 7 Judicial and 8 Expert Members are presently working in the Tribunal.
Legal Monitoring Cell:
Policy and Law Division also monitors the court cases pertaining to Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change. For effective monitoring of court cases in the Ministry a Legal Monitoring Cell has been set up under PL Division and a centralized court cases management system has been developed.
Eco Mark Scheme:
It is a Scheme of Labelling of Environment Friendly Products. The scheme is under restructuring.
- OFFICE MEMORANDUM [Dated: 15-01-2015] : Contact details of the Empanelled Advocates in various Benches of National Green Tribunal
- National Green Tribunal (NGT)
- Advertisment : Inviting Application for Appointment to the Post of Judicial and Expert Member in the National Green Tribunal
- NGT ACT
- NGT RULE 2011
- NGT RULE (amnd) 2012
- OFFICE MEMORANDUM [Dated: 20-02-2017]: Notice of inviting for Procurement of Mementoes on the occasion of world Conference on Enviroment 2017 at NGT(PB), New Delhi
- OFFICE MEMORANDUM [Dated: 15-02-2017]: Notice of inviting Tender for supply of Unifrom for the staff Members on the occasion of World Conference on Enviroment 2017 at NGT(PB), New Delhi
- OFFICE MEMORANDUM [Dated: 07-02-2018]: Advisory for strengthening forest protection and monitoring system to check illegal felling of trees for charcoal making and exploring the possibilities of use of alternatives of wood based charcoal
- OFFICE MEMORANDUM [Dated: 13-12-2018]:Uploading of Central Acts & Subordinate Legislation in New India Code Portal- Order of Delhi High Court