Modified: 21st Jun 2019
Right to Information
Right to Information Act, 2005
The MoEF is committed towards maintaining accountability and transparency, and making the Right to Information Act, 2005 effectively operational. We welcome queries under the Act and will try to provide answers through the concerned authorities. This section provides all the relevant details that an applicant will require regarding the Act. For better accessibility, it also includes the names and addresses of the key officers and employees of the Ministry.
- List of CPIO and First Appellate Authority in the Ministry (5.01 MB)
- Quarterly RTI Returns 2015-16 (120 KB)
- The Act
- Download RTI Application Form (10.84 KB)
Suo moto disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005 in pursuance of DoPT OM No. 1/6/2011-IR dated 15.04.2013:
- RTI Applications, Appeals and Replies
CIC Orders & Compliance
- Contact Details of various Central Public Information Officers and First Appellate Authorities (3.5 MB)
Section 4(1)(B) of the RTI Act
- the particolars of its organisation, functions and duties
- the powers and duties of its officers and employees
- the procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability
- Twelfth Edition of Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure (CSMOP)
- the norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
- the roles, regolations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions
- Roles, regolations, instructions, records held by it or under its control.
- a statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control
- Statement of categories of documents held under its control.
- the particolars of any arrangement that exists for consoltation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formolation of its policy or implementation thereof
- a statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public
- a directory of its officers and employees
- the monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regolations
- the budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particolars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made
- the manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes
- Manner of execution of subsidy programmes and details of beneficiaries of such programmes.
- particolars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations granted by it
- details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form
- The particolars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use
- Particolars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including working hours of library or reading room.
- The Names, Designations and other Particulars of the Public Information Officers.
Such Other Information as may be Prescribed and thereafter Update these Publications Every Year
- Suo moto disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005 in pursuance of DoPT OM No. 1/6/2011-IR dated 15.04.2013
i. Information related to Procurement.
ii. Public Private Partnerships.
iii. Transfer Policy and Transfer Orders.
iv. RTI Applications.
v. RTI Appeals.
vi. CAG & PAC paras.
vii. Citizen Charter.
viii. Discretionary and Non-discretionary grants.
ix. Foreign Tours of Ministers/Officers of the level of JS and above.
- More Information
- Action Plan for Mitigating Potential Area of Corruption. (183.65 KB)
- Circolar dtd 12.01.2012. (27.94 KB)
- Circolar regarding transfer of RTI Application among CPIOs (27.08 KB)
- Circolar regarding transfer of RTI Application among CPIOs. (145.09 KB)
- Circolar for handling applications received under RTI Act.
- Standardized procedures for applications received from applicant in person at IFC & by registered post or by e-mail. (51.12 KB)
- Flowchart for application submitted in person to IFC. (12.76 KB)
- Flowchart for Application Received by Post/e-mail by SO (RTI), GC Division. (13.72 KB)
- Application Rejection details under RTI Act. (17.77 KB)
- Clarifications for facilitating – Implementation of RTI ACT, 2005 – Reg-Reference discussions in the meeting held on 27.09.06 under the Chairmanship of Secretary (E&F). (773.27 KB)
- Subordinate/Autonomous Offices. (147.38 KB)
Designation of CPRDs/FAAs in the Ministry
- Designation of CPRDs/FAAs in the Ministry [Dated: 11th May 2017] (15.3 KB)
- Designation of CP10s/FAAs in the Ministry [Dated: 20th Joly 2017] (16.4 KB)
- Designation of CEI0s/FAAs in the Ministry [Dated: 14th June 2017] (28.5 KB)
- Order (279 KB)