Right to Information Act
Right to Information Act, 2005
The MoEF is committed towards maintaining accountability and transparency, and making the Right to Information Act, 2005 effectively operational. We welcome queries under the Act and will try to provide answers through the concerned authorities. This section provides all the relevant details that an applicant will require regarding the Act. For better accessibility, it also includes the names and addresses of the key officers and employees of the Ministry.
Hand Book on RTI
- Guide for CPIOs and FAAs in the Ministry(400 kB)
- Guide for the Information Seekers, Central Public Information Officers(CPIO) and Public Authorities (453 kB)
- Annual Returns Report of RTI for the year 2019-20(200 kB)
- CPIO & First Appellate Authority for SICOM(80 kB)
- List of CPIO and First Appellate Authority in the Ministry (5.01 MB)
- Quarterly RTI Returns 2015-16 (120 KB)
- The Act
- Download RTI Application Form (10.84 KB)
Suo moto disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005 in pursuance of DoPT OM No. 1/6/2011-IR dated 15.04.2013:
- RTI Applications, Appeals and Replies
CIC Orders & Compliance
- Contact Details of various Central Public Information Officers and First Appellate Authorities (3.5 MB)
Such Other Information as may be Prescribed and thereafter Update these Publications Every Year
- Suo moto disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005 in pursuance of DoPT OM No. 1/6/2011-IR dated 15.04.2013
i. Information related to Procurement.
ii. Public Private Partnerships.
iii. Transfer Policy and Transfer Orders.
iv. RTI Applications.
v. RTI Appeals.
vi. CAG & PAC paras.
vii. Citizen Charter.
viii. Discretionary and Non-discretionary grants.
ix. Foreign Tours of Ministers/Officers of the level of JS and above.
- More Information
- Action Plan for Mitigating Potential Area of Corruption. (183.65 KB)
- Circular dtd 12.01.2012. (27.94 KB)
- Circular regarding transfer of RTI Application among CPIOs (27.08 KB)
- Circular regarding transfer of RTI Application among CPIOs. (145.09 KB)
- Circular for handling applications received under RTI Act.
- Standardized procedures for applications received from applicant in person at IFC & by registered post or by e-mail. (51.12 KB)
- Flowchart for application submitted in person to IFC. (12.76 KB)
- Flowchart for Application Received by Post/e-mail by SO (RTI), GC Division. (13.72 KB)
- Application Rejection details under RTI Act. (17.77 KB)
- Clarifications for facilitating – Implementation of RTI ACT, 2005 – Reg-Reference discussions in the meeting held on 27.09.06 under the Chairmanship of Secretary (E&F). (773.27 KB)
- Subordinate/Autonomous Offices. (147.38 KB)
Designation of CPRDs/FAAs in the Ministry
- Designation of CPRDs/FAAs in the Ministry [Dated: 11th May 2017] (15.3 KB)
- Designation of CP10s/FAAs in the Ministry [Dated: 20th Joly 2017] (16.4 KB)
- Designation of CEI0s/FAAs in the Ministry [Dated: 14th June 2017] (28.5 KB)
- Order (279 KB)
- Designation of CPIOs/FAAs in the Ministry (25.5 KB)
- Order-[11/06/2020]– CPIOs/FAAs List of RTI (30 KB)
- Order-[17/10/2019]-Designation of CPIOs/FAAs in the Ministry (20.5 KB)
- Order-[10/12/2019]-Designation of CPIOs/FAAs in the Ministry (50 KB)
- Order- [28-07-2020]-Designation of CPIO & First Appellate Authority in HSM Division
- Order- [31-07-2020]-Designation of CPIO & First Appellate Authority in Biosafety Division