Corruption Mitigation Action Plan(CMAP)
Objective of CMAP and functions of MoEF & CC
Objective: The main objective of CMAP under RFD is to create an ethical environment to prevent corruption and to set in motion insitutional changes that will create a culture within the Ministry/Department to encourage, identify and celebreate ethical behaviour.
Functions: The major functions of MoEF&CC are as under:-
1. Formulation of national policies on management of environment, forests and wildlife;
2. Implementation of provisions of related legislations on forests, environment and wildlife, control of pollution of air and water, etc.; and
3. Survey and exploration of natural resources particularly of forests, flora, fauna, ecosystems, etc.
4. Bio-diversity conservation including that of lakes and wetlands;
5. Conservation, development, management and abatement of pollution of rivers which includes National River Conservation Directorate;
6. Environmental research and development, education, training, information and awareness;
7. Regulation of diversion of forest land for non forestry purposes;
8. Environmental Impact Assessment;
9. Wildlife conservation, preservation, protection planning, research, education, training and awareness;
10.Afforestation and eco-development;
11. Prevention of cruelty to animals;
12.Administration and Management of subordinate and autonomous institutions of the Ministry; and
13.Monitoring of implementation of central sector and centrally sponsored schemes funded by the Ministry.