Forest Conservation (FC)
Items of Work Handled
Brochure on Items of Work Handled in Various Divisions and Sections of Ministry of Environment and Forests June 2003
IX 23 Forests Conservation Division(FC)
- Processing of all proposals received under Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980 for diversion of forest land for non-forest purposes in respect of all States/UTs.
- Issue of final orders under Section 2 of Forest (Conservation)Act,1980.
- Petitions received from voluntary Orgainsations and miscellaneous organizations pertaining to Forest Conservation Act.
- Meetings/co-ordination with other Divisions/Ministries/Departments regarding Forest Conservation Act.
- Policy matters relating to Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980.
- Constitution of Advisory Committee and holding of Advisory Committee meetings.
- Complaints from general public and individuals pertaining to Forest Conservation Act.
- Delegation of powers to the Regional Chief Conservator of Forests to decide proposals involving forest and upto 5 hectares and processing of proposals involving forest land between 5 20 hectares by Regional Offices.
- Guidelines for diversion of forest land under the Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980 for various non-forest purposes.
- Court cases pertaining to implementation of Forest (Conservation)Act, 1980