1. Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) — Autonomous
organization. The Institutes and Centres under ICFRE are as under:
- Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
- Tropical Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur
- Arid Forest Research Institute, Jodhpur
- Himalayan Forest Research Institute, Shimla
- Institute of Forest Productivity, Ranchi
- Institute of Forest Biodiversity, Hyderabad
- Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding, Coimbatore
- Rain Forest Research Institute, Jorhat
- Institute of Wood Science and Technology, Bengaluru
- Forest Research Centre for Skill Development, Chhindwara
- Forest Research Centre for Bamboo & Rattan, Aizawl
- Forest Research Centre for Eco-Rehabilitation, Prayagraj
- Forest Research Centre for Livehood Extension, Agartala
2. Director of Forest Education — Subordinate Office. Four Central Academies under DFE are as under:
- Central Academy for State Forest Service, Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
- Central Academy for State Forest Service, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
- Central Academy for State Forest Service, Burnihat (Assam)
- Central Academy of Forest Education, Kurseong (West Bengal)
3 Wildlife Crime Control Bureau — Subordinate Office. Five Regional offices under WCCB are as under:
- Southern Region, Chennai.
- Eastern Region, Kolkata.
- Western Region, Mumbai.
- Central Region, Jabalpur.
- Northern Region, New Delhi.
- Three sub-regional offices at Guwahati, Amritsar and Cochin
4. Forest Survey of India — Subordinate Office. The Regional offices under FSI are as under:
- Central Zone, Nagpur
- Eastern Zone, Kolkata
- Northern Zone, Shimla
- Southern Zone, Bangalore
5. Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy — Subordinate Office
6. National Zoological Park — Subordinate Office
Forestry establishment matters relating to all the Union Territories of India (except Andaman & Nicobar Forest Plantation Development Corporation), and general references in respect of front line staff of state forest Deptts. are also handled in FE Division