Forest Protection (FPD)
Iterm of Work Handled
The division deals with:
- All issues relating to forest fire, Forest Fire Prevention and Management Scheme (FPM) and implementation of National Action Plan on Forest Fire.
- Issues relating to protection of forests which include control of illicit felling of trees, deforestation, and encroachment of forest land
- Application of space technology for forest fire management which includes dissemination of forest fire alerts, pre-fire warning and assessment of burnt area by FSI.
- Miscellaneous issues relating to forest protection, parliament matters, etc.
- Crisis/Disaster management related to forest fire.
- Disaster management issues relating to the Ministry: Forest Protection Division is the Nodal Division for disaster related matters in the Ministry.