Project Elephant (PE)
Items of Work Handled
Brochure on Items of Work Handled in Various Divisions and Sections of Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change
XXVI 46 Project Elephant Division (PE)
Processing of proposals from the State Governments regarding release of funds of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme Project Elephant:
- Processing of proposals from the State Governments regarding release of funds of the
Centrally Sponsored Scheme Project Elephant.
- Administrative matters (including policy matters) concerning Elephant Reserves in the
country. It also includes the consideration of the proposals from the State Governments
for inclusion of new areas as Elephant Reserves.
- Constitution and convening of the meetings of the Steering Committee of the Project
Elephant and the implementation of recommendations thereof.
- Periodical meetings of the Field Co-ordinators of the elephant reserves and of the Chief
Wildlife Wardens of the Elephant States.
- National/International conference/ workshops/ symposia on matters concerning
Elephant and Elephant Reserves.
- Elephant poaching and offence cases in the country including the Elephant reserve areas.
- Elephant census in the country.
- International cooperation in Asian Elephant Conservation.
- Captive elephant management & related policy matter.
- CITES & MIKE related works on conservation of Asian Elephants.
Guidelines and Reports