Other Awareness Programme (OAP)
It is conceivable that concerned stakeholders, like NGOs and a host of other organizations, may propose awareness activities which are outside the purview of afore mentioned programmes. Such activities need to be supported by the Ministry based on merits and their conformity with the requirements of the Ministry in its endeavours to promote environment protection. Such proposals are received in the Ministry from time to time.
A suggestive list of such, “Other Awareness Programmes”, being supported by the Ministry includes:
- Awareness cum action programs in and around the protected area, in wildlife corridors, biodiversity hotspots, rivers and wetlands
- Awareness programs which focus on communities that are critical to conservation of forests/wildlife/environment
- Quiz Programmes/Competitions etc.
- Yatras based on the environmental issues
- Organising appropriate awareness programmes on the occasion of mass congregations like industrial exhibitions, trade fairs, health melas, sport meets, conferences, training inter-school/college/university competitions etc.
- Any other programme/activity that promotes awareness about environment
Based on the scale of the proposed activity and merits of the proposals, financial assistance to be provided to each proposal shall be in the range of Rs.5.00 lakhs to Rs.10.00 lakhs.