Economic Cell of the Ministry is headed by the Economic Adviser working under
the supervision of the Principal Adviser. It handles the following areas of work:
- Nodal Division for matters referred by the Department of Economic
Affairs, including Notes for Cabinet/ Cabinet Committee/ Committee of
- All matters having a bearing on internal and external economic
management in the Ministry and reforms in the environment and forest
- Appraisal of environment friendly proposals related to fiscal incentives
and recommending appropriate proposals for inclusion in the Union
- Providing inputs/ material for the Economic Survey.
- Nodal Division to monitor implementation of specific announcements in
the Union Budget concerning Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate
- Secretariat for the Sectoral Committee to Review the Release and
Utilization of the Grants-in-Aid for State Specific Needs recommended by
the Thirteenth Finance Commission/Fourteenth Finance Commission.
- Compliance under the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act,
- Parliament Questions on policy matters.