United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification CoP-14
Conference of Parties (CoP)- some facts
Established by the Convention –
- The Supreme decision-making body;
- 197 country parties as constituent members.
Main Functions –
- Review reports submitted by the Parties detailing their commitments;
- Makes recommendations on the basis of these reports;
- Make amendments to the Convention or to adopt new annexes;
- Guides the Convention as global circumstances and national needs change;
COP meetings held biennially since 2001.
COP-13 held in Ordos, China in Sept 2017.