Photography Competition by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India during the celebration of Iconic Week 4-10-2021 to 10-10-2021 as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav:
- The Ministry of Environment & Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) is the nodal agency in the Central Government for overseeing the implementation of India’s environment and forest policies and programmes relating to conservation of the country’s natural resources including lakes and rivers, its biodiversity, forests and wildlife, and prevention and abatement of pollution. While implementing these policies and programmes, the Ministry is guided by the principle of sustainable development. The broad objectives of the Ministry are:
- Conservation and survey of flora, fauna, forests and wildlife
- Prevention and control of pollution
- Afforestation and regeneration of degraded areas
- Protection of environment.
2. These objectives are well supported by a set of legislative and regulatory measures, aimed at the preservation, conservation and protection of the environment. Besides the legislative measures, a National Conservation Strategy and Policy Statement on Environment and Development, 1992, National Forest Policy, 1988, a Policy Statement on Abatement of Pollution, 1992 and a National Environment Policy, 2006 also guide the Ministry’s work.
Photography Competition :
3. As you are aware Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of it’s people, culture and achievements. The official journey of “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” commences on 12th March, 2021 which starts a 75 week countdown to our 75th anniversary of Independence and will end post a year on 15th August, 2023.
4. Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change is celebrating Iconic Week from 4th October, 2021 to 10th October, 2021 as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. Five events have been proposed for iconic week- 4th October, 2021 to 10th October, 2021 are:
- Stakeholder orientations/film screenings/talk series for Lakes across India
- Awareness programs to avoid the use of single-use plastics.
- Tiger Rally on Wheels, touching all Tiger reserves in India.
- Afforestation drive at Amarkanak, MP.
- Activities by SICOM at Blue Flag Beaches.
5. It has been decided to launch a photography competition during the celebration of Iconic Week on 4th October, 2021 as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav on the following topics:
6. Entries are proposed to be obtained on five topics listed at para 5 above. Participants should submit photographs not exceeding 5 MB. The details of prize money on each topic is are given in table below:
|4.||Five consolation awards each||Rs.1000|
7. All Indian citizens are invited to participate in the photography contest. The entries may be sent on the email id: email@example.com
The last date for accepting entries is 15-11-2021 at 5:30 PM.
Terms and Conditions of the Photography Competition is enclosed at Annexure-I.
Terms and Conditions
- All Indian citizens can participate in this competition.
- Image should depict the any of the five topics viz. (i) Tiger (ii) Wildlife (iii) Bird (iv) Flower/Flora (v) Wetlands/Beaches
- Entries violating the technical requirements will not be accepted.
- Copyrighted images will not be accepted for submissions.
- Participants have to ensure that they mention their correct particulars in the Registration Form while submitting their entries. Submitting wrong information may lead to disqualification.
- All Indian citizens are invited to participate in the contest by filling up the enclosed Registration Form.
- The announcement of the winners is the sole discretion of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
- The prizes will be declared within a month of closure of submission.
- Top entries will be published on the social media handles of MoEFCC.
- The copyright/ ownership of photos submitted shall vest with MoEFCC without any compensation.
- The maximum size of the image(s) should not exceed 5 MB.
- No watermark or logo or name or imprint should be present on the image.
- Image should be submitted in jpg or jpeg file format.
- Mobile photograph will be accepted provided the quality of the image is not bad.
- The entry should not have been previously published in any print and digital media.
- The entry must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Computer-generated or computer-altered/morphed images (other than basic system work) will be disqualified.
- Artwork and illustrations will not be accepted.
- The winner will be declared either through email or by way of announcing.
- There will be no notification to participants of rejected entries.
- All entries will be judged based on creativity, originality and composition by MoEFCC.
- Once the winner is declared, they will need to revert by confirmation email within 3 working days or another winner will be chosen.
- All Expenses incurred for this purpose will be borne by the parties themselves.
- All disputes/ legal complaints are subject to jurisdiction of Delhi only.
- Payment to the award winner will be made electronically for which necessary bank details will be taken after declaration of winners of the contest.
- MoEFCC reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Contest and/ or the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria. However, any changes to the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria, or Cancellation of the Contest, will be updated/ posted on the website of the Ministry and social media accounts of the Ministry.
- Entries must be submitted by 15th November, 2021 on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plagiarism of any nature is not allowed. Anyone found infringing upon others’ copyright would be disqualified from the contest.
- All entries received within the stipulated period shall be evaluated by an Evaluation Committee constituted by the MoEFCC.
- The decision of the Evaluation Committee shall be deemed irrevocable and binding on all the contestants
- Entries shall be evaluated on the parameters of creativity, artistic merit, impact, and most importantly, on how coherent they are with the underlying topic viz. (i) Tiger (ii) Wildlife (iii) Bird (iv) Flower/Flora (v) Wetlands/Beaches.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMNET, FOREST AND CLIMATE CHANGE
|Name of Participant||…………………….|
|Date of Birth:||…………………….|
|Social media account(s):||…………………….|
|Details of Participation: (Tick the topics on which entries are being submitted)
Topics: (i) Tiger (ii) Wildlife (iii) Bird (iv) Flower/Flora (v) Wetlands/Beaches
This may be emailed on email id: email@example.com along with photograph of participation.