The Government has recognized Information Technology (IT) as a major tool for speedy implementation and monitoring of various schemes and decisions in public
interest. Accordingly, Ministry has embarked on a comprehensive exercise to implement various e-Governance activities / projects with the objective of
transforming the functioning of the Ministry, and also to transform the way the Ministry serves its various stakeholders.
The broad areas of activities under proposed IT Plan Scheme are as follows:
- Transformation of the process of governance, introduction of e-governance and reinforcing of business process to have intensive and extensive systemic reforms
- Digitisation of records of the Ministry and its attached offices
- Establishment of LAN / WAN in the Ministry and its attached offices
- Networking the Ministry with its associated offices through ‘Virtual Private Network’
- Introduction of the concept of e-Governance throughout the Ministry and its associated offices
- Development of MIS and Decision Support System
- Training of officers/staff
- Strengthening IT infrastructure of the Ministry and its associated offices.
- Strengthening of e-Governance Division