- The Public Grievance Cell has been functioning in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change to attend to all the complaints received from general public regarding various issues viz environment, wildlife, forestry and other environmental matters.
- Presently, Shri Jigmet Takpa, Joint Secretary (PG) is the Nodal Public Grievance Officer of the Ministry for redressal of general Grievances and COVID-19 Grievances and Rita Khanna, Scientist ‘G’ is the Appellate Nodal Officer for appeals for appeals received on the aggrieved Public Grievances, complainants.
- During the period of 01.01.2020 to till date (20.07.2021), the detail of different category of grievances are as follows:-
- Out of total 7499 General Public Grievances, 7364 Public Grievances were disposed off and 135 Public Grievances are pending for disposal. The rate of disposal of grievances received is 100% (approx.).
- Out of 251 COVID-19 related cases 250 COVID-19 cases has been disposed off and only 1 COVID-19 is pending for disposal. The rate of disposal is 100% (approx.)
- Out of total 110 appeals, 91 appeals are disposed off and 19 appeals are pending for disposal. The rate of disposal of grievances received is 83% (approx.).
4. Every efforts are being continuously made by the PG Cell to maintain the disposal rate close to 100% by issuing periodic reminders to the concerned Divisions/Sections for prompt end early disposal of all pending grievances including COVID-19 related grievances, and strive towards Zero pendency of all grievances, received in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.