Items of Work Handled
Items of Work Handled BY IFS Division
- Establishment matters of IFS Officers.
- Inter-cadre transfers.
- Inter-cadre deputations.
- Extension of deputation tenure.
- Drawing of panel of Indian Forest Service(IFS) officers for forwarding of their applications to DOPT for Central Deputation under CSS of DoPT.
- Deputation of IFS Officers (outside the cadre) in Central Government, Foreign Bodies, Corporations etc.
- Empanelment of Indian Forest Service officers of the level of Secretary/Additional Secretary and Joint Secretary.
- Recruitment of Indian Forest Service Officers under Central Staffing Scheme of Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change(MoEF&CC) at different levels.
- Director General of Forests & Special Secretary.
- Additional Director General of Forests.
- Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests.
- Inspector General of Forests.
- Deputy Inspector General of Forests.
- Assistant Inspector General of Forests.
- Online Application send to DoPT of Indian Forest Service officers forwarding of online applications of IFS Officers to DoPT through Single User Platform Related to Employees Online(SUPREMO) for the post of Joint Secretary/ Director and Deputy Secretary level under Central Staffing Scheme (CSS) of DoPT.
- Online Version of the ACC Vacancy Monitoring System (AVMS) has been made operational as a part of SUPREMO (Single User Platform Relating to Employees Online) updation for Joint Secretary and above level post for approval of ACC. The IFS division is the Nodal Division of the Ministry for updating the status of vacancies and post details requiring ACC approval in the AVMS.
- Online SUPREMO-AVMS (Single User Platform Related to Employees Online-ACC Vacancy Monitoring System) updation for Joint Secretary and above level post for approval of ACC.
- Leave sanction of IFS officers of MoEF including Regional Offices & Subordinate Offices of MoEF&CC.
- Provident Fund withdrawals of IFS officers on Central Deputation.
- Payment of dues under CGEGIS on retirement.
- Cadre Clearance for various trainings/workshops/seminars aboard.
- Memorials relating to adverse entries in the ACRs, communication of adverse remarks in ACRs of IFS Officers on Central Deputation & on deputation to autonomous organizations of Govt. of India.
- Settlement of post-retirement benefits of the officers on Central Deputation under Central Staffing Scheme(CSS) of MoEF&CC.
- Study leave within India to officers on Central Deputation.
- Study leave abroad to the officers belonging to any State Cadre.
- Issue of amendment to the Study Leave Regulations.
- Settlement of all bills (Medical, Children Education Fee reimbursement, LTC etc.).
- Entry of sanctions in Online Public Financial Management System(PFMS) & Budget and Expenditure Management System (BEMS).
- Commercial employment of retired IFS Officers.
- Associations like IFS Association, IFS Registered Association and SFS Officers Association.
AGMUT & ACR Cell
- For AGMUT Cadre: cadre review, appointment by promotion of SFS officers into IFS, confirmation of RR and SFS Officers on appointment by promotion, fixation of pay of officers on Central Deputation etc.
- Maintaining of online ACRs status of IFS officers and make entry by ACR cell in the E-A-S-Y software developed by NIC-DoPT for Empanelment of IFS officers in the rank of Joint Secretary under Central Staffing Scheme(CSS) of DoP&T.
- ACR grading filled in IFSCMS(IFS Cadre Management System) software developed by NIC-MEF. ACR status online display on IFS website (http://www.ifs.nic.in) of Indian Forest Service officers.
- Review of cases under Rules 16(3) AIS (Death cum Retirement Benefits) DCRB Rules for compulsory retirement on attaining the age of 50 yrs/30yrs of qualifying service.
- CAT cases regarding:
- Settlement of post-retirement benefits of IFS pensioners.
- Adverse remarks/memorials/super cession in promotions of AGMUT Cadre officers.
- Settlement of dues under CGE Insurance Scheme of IFS Pensioners.
- Appointment of IFS Officers through UPSC, reporting of vacancies, finalization of rules.
- Cadre Allocation to IFS Probationers.
- following for all Cadres except AGMUT.
- Cadre review.
- Temporary addition to the Cadre.
- Appointment by promotions of SFS officers into IFS & their seniority determination i.e. Year of Allotment.
- Coordinating the Selection Committee meetings held by UPSC, conveying the comments of the MoEF on the Minutes prepared by the Selection Committee.
- Fixation of pay of officers of the State Govts. (Excluding those on Central Deputation) referred to Govt. of India.
Publication of the IFS Civil List
- Processing of data of IFS Officers for vacancy determination for Direct Recruits IFS in the
software developed by NIC.
- processing of data of IFS officers for Cadre Allotment in the software developed by NIC.
- Maintaining/Uploading of Notification/Orders/Circulars etc. in respect of IFS Officers on
IFS website – http://www.ifs.nic.in.
- All miscellaneous matters related to IFS Officers e.g. change of name, birthplace etc.
- Court Cases connected with matters handled by the IFS-II section.
- Handling of all Parliamentary matters related to IFS.
- Handling of Disciplinary cases of IFS.
- Framing of rules and general policy for commercial employment of retired IFS Officers.
- Processing of amendments to IFS Rules & Regulations.
- All other Cadre Management and policy matters related to Indian Forest Service.
- Entry of sanctions in Online Public Financial Management System(PFMS) & Budget and
Expenditure Management System (BEMS).