1. Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) — Autonomous
organization. The Institutes and Centres under ICFRE are as under:
- Forest Research Institute, Dehradun.
- Tropical Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur.
- Arid Forest Research Institute, Jodhpur.
- Himalayan Forest Research Institute, Shimla.
- Institute of Forest Productivity, Ranchi.
- Institute of Forest Biodiversity, Hyderabad.
- Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding, Coimbatore.
- Rain Forest Research Institute, Jorhat.
- Institute of Wood Science and Technology, Bengaluru.
- Forest Research Centre for Skill Development, Chhindwara.
- Forest Research Centre for Bamboo & Rattan, Aizawl.
- Forest Research Centre for Eco-Rehabilitation, Prayagraj.
- Forest Research Centre for Livehood Extension, Agartala.
2. Directorate of Forest Education — Subordinate Office. Four Central Academies under DFE are as under:
- Central Academy for State Forest Service, Dehradun (Uttarakhand).
- Central Academy for State Forest Service, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu).
- Central Academy for State Forest Service, Burnihat (Assam).
- Central Academy of Forest Education, Kurseong (West Bengal).
3 Wildlife Crime Control Bureau — Subordinate Office. Five Regional offices under WCCB are as under:
- Southern Region, Chennai.
- Eastern Region, Kolkata.
- Western Region, Mumbai.
- Central Region, Jabalpur.
- Northern Region, New Delhi.
- Three sub-regional offices at Guwahati, Amritsar and Cochin.
4. Forest Survey of India — Subordinate Office. The Regional offices under FSI are as under:
- Central Zone, Nagpur.
- Eastern Zone, Kolkata.
- Northern Zone, Shimla.
- Southern Zone, Bangalore.
5. Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy — Subordinate Office.
6. National Zoological Park — Subordinate Office.
Forestry establishment matters relating to all the Union Territories of India (except Andaman & Nicobar Forest Plantation Development Corporation), and general references in respect of front line staff of state forest Deptts. are also handled in FE Division.